Internal Control Service
- The Internal Control Service has been entrusted with economic and financial control of the University of Vigo, and is especially focussed on expense control.
- It controls the legality of economic and administrative actions within the scope of the University of Vigo.
- It provides advice to management bodies on budget legalities related to content of their own activities or with respect to third parties.
- It verifies proper use and application of university funds to the established purposes, as per agreements of its management bodies and in compliance with legal rules.
- It checks that university economic management actions, operations and procedures are carried out in full compliance with valid law.
- It ensures that procedures applied are legally correct.
- It informs about the agreements signed by the University of Vigo that are of an economic nature.
- It provides information about the contracting records of the university on economic, legal and budgetary aspects.
- It provides approval to payment orders.
- It permanently informs and coordinates the many expense centres about management, processing and control procedures.
- It prepares reports requested by the competent bodies through management.
- It participates with other economic services and Management to generally prepare and coordinate economic activities.
- It oversees expenses according to the conditions established in national, regional and university rules.
- It checks and supervises the legal and material aspects of return of fees.
- It follows-up and checks records of contracting, supplies and services.