The Research Commission is a commission which is delegated by the Governing Body and presided by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Research. Its many functions include the following:
- Prepare and announce the research grants program of the University of Vigo and see it through to completion.
- Assess certain scientific production merits.
- Endorse creation of new research groups.
- Evaluate applications presented by research groups for research scholarships in the following programs: Ramón y Cajal, Ángeles Alvariño and Isidro Parga Pondal.
- Inform and draft proposals on research related issues, etc.
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Research: Longo González, Mª Asunción
- Vicerreitor de Transferencia do Coñecemento: Vilán Vilán, José Antonio
- Alba Castro, José Luís
- Caballero Rúa, Armando
- González Cerdeira, Julia
- Fernández Covelo, Emma
- Meana Martínez, Juan Carlos
- Una vacante
- Vidal Rodríguez, Saleta
Administration & services staff: