Functions of the International Relations Office
The International Relations Office (ORI) centralises, coordinates and handles international cooperation activities at the University of Vigo, and the following are some of the activities it carries out:
- Information & advice to the University community about the different international programs available within the scope of higher education.
- Promote and handle student and teacher mobility to and from foreign institutions, within the framework of programs such as Socrates, ISEP, MAE Scholarships and University of Vigo cooperation programs.
- Advise students on documents to be handed upon award of scholarship, amount of scholarship and possible complementary aids, and other tasks that they should perform directly with the host institution.
- Provide University of Vigo teachers with information on teacher exchange and international cooperation programs.
- Handle acceptance of foreign exchange students, prepare a Guide for Foreign Students, and send information about the University of Vigo: campuses, cities, reception, visas, travel, search for accommodation, registration, and study possibilities with the staff of international relations at their university.
- Draft and negotiate international cooperation agreements.
- Ensure presence of the University of Vigo at international educational meetings and forums.